EXPERT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEE DISCRIMINATION ATTORNEYS
Employment discrimination involves an employer treating an applicant or employee less favorably because of the person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. It may also involve an employer’s policies or procedures that have resulted in a discriminatory impact on members of particular groups (employment discrimination can be against a single person or a group).
Discrimination may take many forms, and it does not have to be intentional to be illegal. It may also, at times, be difficult to prove.
Some examples of employment discrimination include:
- Assigning all Hispanic employees to a particular work area
- Paying women less than men for the same work
- Teasing employees who speak with an accent that goes beyond occasional or a single incident
- Promoting only certain employees based on their sex or race
- Requiring tests, like math tests or lifting requirements, that are not related to doing the job but that screen out applicants of particular groups
- Denying paid sick leave to female employees recovering from childbirth but allowing paid sick leave for employees recovering from knee surgery
Wynne Law Firm has the experience and resources to successfully prosecute any type of discrimination case. For years we have protected the rights of California employees who have been subjected to all forms of discrimination, as well as workplace violence and other torts at their jobs.